Rude Prosecco Brut DOC was selected for Rude Wines by acclaimed Italian winery Fabiano, this light, delicate Prosecco will lend itself well to any occasion. Aromatic, fresh and sprightly, you’ll taste zesty citrus, orchard fruits, and a sightly yeasty characteristic accompanied by soft, fine bubbles. Enjoy this wine with whatever and whomever makes you happy, but preferably with a certain amount of decorum. We think it’s the perfect starter wine, the one that goes well with any appetizer!! It also goes nicely with seafood, vegetarian, and charcuterie boards.
Rude Prosecco Brut DOC joins our Warehouse Wines, where you can find Pull The Cork’s selection of everyday, low-cost Warehouse Wines.
In 1969, Denominazione di Origine Controllata (DOC) status was granted to the Prosecco produced in the 15 communes between Conegliano and Valdobbiadene. The Glera grape used to be actually called Prosecco, but to avoid confusion between the region and the grape, the name was changed nearly a decade ago. Glera produces wines with a floral-fruity character, most commonly aromas of apple and pear, and sometimes acacia blossom too. When really ripe, Glera also yields flavours of peach and melon. Prosecco must contain at least 85% Glera, sometimes having the other 15% coming from Pinot Bianco, Pinot Grigio, or local varieties. One of the biggest differences in Prosecco production, in comparison to that of Champagne in France, is that while in Champagne the second fermentation is performed in the bottle ‘on the lees’, comparatively with Prosecco, this second fermentation is done in large stainless steel vats. This gives Prosecco a very fruit forward flavor composition with much less yeasty characteristics you find often in Champagne.