The Château de Boursault is a neo-Renaissance château in Boursault, Marne, France. It was built between 1843 and 1850 by Madame ClicquotPonsardin, the Veuve Clicquot (Cliquot Widow) who owned the Veuve Clicquot champagne house. It was sold by her to the Berry family of Canada from 1913 to 1927 and was used as a military hospital in both the first and second world wars.
Boursault became one of the most popular places in the region: memorable gatherings and famous dinners where the precious champagne flowed took place around Madame Clicquot the “Queen of Reims” featuring the high society of Champagne. Madame Clicquot received customers from her prestigious brand of Champagne in her lavish ceremonies.
Today theChâteau de Boursaultbrand of champagne is made from grapes grown in the vineyards around the château and is aged in its cellars.
Holding one of the only titles of “Château” in Champagne, the winery is located on the estate that belonged to the Great Lady, Madame Clicquot.